Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hi Everybody!

So much has happened so far this year... I am so glad! This can be a cold, dark, soggy time of the year, so I'm glad excitement is in the air. I have two international trips scheduled this year and some really open and fun brides and grooms that I'm excited to get to know better. First though, remember back in 2008 and Christine & Travis' Surprise Engagement "Portrait" Shoot?




I wanted to show you a few of my favorite images from Christine & Travis' WEDDING last September, because they are some of my favorite images ever...

It was a beautiful September Saturday in Puyallup, and Christine's dad just saw her as a bride for the first time. As he started to get a little emotionally overwhelmed, Christine responded by leading her pops in a few, deep breathes. It was absolutely beautiful to have watched this unfold. Yes, I live for getting the epic gorgeous shots of my brides and grooms, the kind of picture I wished I'd had of me as a bride, but THIS stuff below? These spontaneous moments of connection have grabbed my attention my whole life and this is one of those images I could look at over and over and not get bored of it.

There's so much expression in body language.



That's what you are really asking for when you ask me if I shoot a lot of candids, I think."Will there be spontaneous moments captured where our natural body language shows our deep connection?" That's what I hear when you ask me that.





Seconds after a totally inappropriate moment between brothers. ;)



I actually have another Photoshopped version of the one above of Christine where I filled in her hair between her bangs and her temple. But I thought it would be neat to see the original before any PS.


There's a HUGE bigtoy right behind Christine above!!














And sometimes images are 99% perfect but that last 1% happened to be front and center...oops!





Alright sometimes I'm writing the captions underneath the images and sometimes above. I think in spirals and have to fight that sometimes!!











Congratulations Christine & Travis! To see their slideshow, click here!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Hi Julie,

This wedding (and bride!) is stunning. Great work as always!
-Rachael, South Sound Wedding & Event