Tuesday, June 3, 2008

4x4 Engagement Session!

Every once in a while, a wedding couple comes along with a really cool hobby. For Vanessa and Anthony, they are big-time 4x4 enthusiasts and how could I say no when they suggested an engagement shoot at the ORV park during an event!
It was one of the most crazy lighting conditions, because it was super sunny and I loved the location under the tree canopy which added a lovely green cast spotty sunrays....not...but I worked around that. It reminded me that the reason I think wedding photography is about the hardest photography I know of. As a wedding photographer, you don't get to choose the location of the wedding, the time of year, the time of day, the weather, or the people you're photographing! You are under a time constraint, and if things go array and you end up with only 15 minutes to take amazing bride/groom shots, you've got to do it! I absolutely LOVE that and get a huge thrill out of the pressure. If you are a photographer, I encourage you to find out what kinds of shoots and subjects you love, and which you don't. We don't have to shoot everything under the sun professionally (for your own enjoyment, go for it!), and really shouldn't. Do your best, give everything a try, but discover where you fit best and feel greatest. That's going to give you the happiest clients and happiest YOU!



3 comments:

Sara Montgomery said...

Julie,
These shots are great. You have had some awesome posts lately! I love reading them! I hope to see you soon.
Sara

James Dunn said...

great job. These are really they're own photos since I have yet to see couple photos in that setting. Wonderful =)

Anonymous said...

Julie,
Vanessa and Anthony are dear friends of mine and you captured them perfectly!!! WOW! GREAT JOB!!!!
~Kate